Friday, February 09, 2007

Happy Birthday Mama!!!



My mother turned 70 years old today. As I typed that I had to stop and praise God because 12 years ago she spent a 3 months in a coma after open heart surgery. Health wise she has been through so much. She has diabetes, high blood pressure, and is on dialysis. She has been to the hospital so many times that the er staff know her and me and my father. But somehow she manages to have joy in her life. She and my Father laugh and joke all the time. I am just so grateful that she is still her with us. She taught me how to read, she is the one who encouraged me to be independent and to love beautiful things and people. She has taught me so much about life and love and I love her with all my heart. I love you so much. Happy Birthday Mama!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Definitely a big happy birthday to your Mama! I have that song in my head now by Boyz to Men. Beautiful entry!